NEW YORK, March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), a leading global provider of commercial digital imagery, today announced a new image discovery tool called Spectrum. The prototype, which is part of the Company's Labs for exploratory tools and products, indexes hexagram data to yield search results by color. Designed and built entirely in-house, Spectrum offers an extraordinary experience for designers looking for ideas and inspiration.
- Intuitive, image exploration tool: Spectrum delivers an easy-to-use interface, and an innovative way to search millions of high quality photos by color.
- Real-time search with real-time feedback: As users slide the bar across the spectrum, image results change instantaneously, delivering a unique and immersive experience.
- Spectrum makes it easier to find beautiful photos: By indexing images by pixel data, users can find images that may have otherwise been difficult to find with keywords.
- 3 distinct pixel-based algorithms: These enable users to explore concepts based on depth of field, color balance, brightness.
"We believe image search should be one of the most enjoyable things designers do," said VP of Product, Wyatt Jenkins. "Spectrum was built for designers seeking inspiration – those who might have an idea of what they're looking for, but not necessarily able to articulate a long keyword string. Maybe they're building out a mood board, or working within a brand's color palette," he added. "Color is emotional and Spectrum delivers an intoxicating visceral reaction we refer to as the 'Color Rush.'"
With more than 24 million licensable photos, vectors and illustrations currently in the collection, Shutterstock is committed to creating new ways for image buyers to discover beautiful images. Spectrum is the second prototype to be added to Shutterstock's Labs, following Instant: The first stock image search interface optimized for inspiration.To watch the Spectrum demo video, click here. To read more about the tool and how it was built, visit Shutterstock's blog. About Shutterstock Shutterstock is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations and videos to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock works closely with its growing contributor community of photographers, videographers, illustrators and designers to curate a global marketplace for royalty-free imagery. Shutterstock adds tens of thousands of rights-cleared images each week, and with more than 24 million files currently available, the Company recently surpassed 280 million image downloads. Shutterstock also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency. For more information, please visit http://www.shutterstock.com, and follow Shutterstock on Twitter or on Facebook. SOURCE Shutterstock, Inc.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts