Court Dismisses Appeals By Geoffrey Cornish And Dean Tai
TORONTO, March 21, 2013 /CNW/ - On March 19, 2013 the Superior Court of Justice (Divisional Court) upheld the Ontario Securities Commission's Reasons for Decision on the Merits dated September 28, 2011 and the Commission's order on Sanctions and Costs dated November 8, 2011 in the matter of Coventree Inc, Geoffrey Cornish and Dean Tai.
The Court dismissed the appeals brought by Geoffrey Cornish and Dean Tai (the Appellants) to set aside the Commission's orders, and in their place, to dismiss Staff's Statement of Allegations dated December 7, 2009.
The Court dismissed the Appellants' appeals on the grounds that the Commission's conclusions reached in support of the orders were reasonable.
For information about the appeal, contact the Court, referencing the Appellants and the Court file number 33/12. Appeals are heard by the courts, and any information relating to them is only available from the courts. Documents relating to the OSC proceeding in this matter, including the Reasons for Decision on the Merits and the Reasons for Decision on Sanctions and Costs, can be found at www.osc.gov.on.ca. Copies of the Reasons of the Superior Court of Justice (Divisional Court) are available through the Court.SOURCE Ontario Securities Commission
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV