ZumbaÂ® Fitness Honored At 2013 IHRSA Show With Prestigious 'John McCarthy Industry Visionary Of The Year' Award And Augie's Quest 'Leadership Award'
"We are humbled and proud to be recognized by these two exceptional organizations," said Alberto Perlman, Zumba® Fitness co-founder and CEO. "To be named a 'visionary' by the global industry leaders who make up IHRSA underscores the phenomenal health and charitable contributions that our Zumba® instructors are making around the world. And to be honored with the 'Leadership Award' from a heroic friend at Augie's Quest reinforces exactly why we created the Zumba® brand: to truly make a difference in our world."
About Zumba® Fitness, LLCZumba ® Fitness is a global lifestyle brand that fuses fitness, entertainment and culture into an exhilarating dance-party workout. Coined "fitness-parties," Zumba classes blend upbeat world rhythms with easy-to-follow choreography, which provide effective, total-body workouts. Founded in 2001, the company is now the largest branded fitness program in the world -- reporting more than 14 million weekly class participants, in over 140,000 locations, across more than 185 countries. In addition to its original Zumba ® program, the company also offers a range of specialty classes, including Zumba Gold ® (for active older adults), Zumba ® Toning (body-sculpting class that uses maraca-like Toning Sticks), Aqua Zumba ® (the ultimate "pool party" workout), Zumbatomic ® (Zumba routines for kids), Zumba Sentao™ (chair-based Zumba class that strengthens, balances and stabilizes the core), and Zumba ® in the Circuit (a 30-minute workout that combines signature Zumba ® moves with circuit training at timed intervals). The Zumba ® fitness lifestyle is rounded out by the company's many consumer product offerings, including DVD sets, music collections, multi-seasonal apparel and footwear, video games, Fitness-Concert™ events and a lifestyle magazine. For more information about Zumba Fitness programs and products, or to find a live class, visit zumba.com and find us on Facebook and Twitter.
A quick note about the ZUMBA ® trademarkZUMBA ® was coined by our company and is the brand name used to identify Zumba Fitness, LLC as the source of fun and effective fitness programs that combine easy-to-follow moves with invigorating world rhythms. When referring to our ZUMBA ® brand, we ask that you please help us protect the thousands of instructors worldwide who make their careers teaching ZUMBA ® classes by following these guidelines:
- Capitalize the letter "Z" in our "Zumba" trademark or write with all capital letters, "ZUMBA";
- Use the trademark to describe our services or products, for example "the ZUMBA® fitness program," "Zumba® class," "ZUMBA instructor," "Zumba® moves" etc.
- Use the ® symbol on the right-hand shoulder of the word Zumba® (especially in headers and titles), and on first mention in paragraphs.
- Use Zumba as a verb--for example, do not write: "Once you Zumba, you'll be hooked."
- Use Zumba as a noun--for example, do not write: "They were doing Zumba" or "Zumba is great."
- Change the trademark--for example, do not write "Zumbamania" or "Zumbarina."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV