OPEIU Local 29 Organizes Certified Massage Therapists At Sacramento International Airport
SACRAMENTO, Calif., March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Local 29 of the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU), AFL-CIO announces that certified massage therapists employed by Massage Bar Inc., at the Sacramento International Airport have voted for Local 29 representation.
"The entire organizing process took less than six weeks, beginning with a meeting and card signing with Massage Bar therapists on February 2, 2013, and culminating with a successful National Labor Relations Board election on March 16," said Local 29 Business Representative/Organizer Sofan Harris.
"To counter an anti-union campaign waged by the company, Local 29 sought the assistance of our fellow unions that represent workers at the airport," Harris continued. "With the help of the Sacramento Labor Council, the AFGE TSA and UNITE HERE Local 49, who reached out to the employees at the airport and shared their own recent labor victories, we were able to get more than 70 percent of the workforce at Massage Bar to vote for Local 29 representation."
Local 29 will begin collective bargaining with the company in the near future.ABOUT OPEIU The Office and Professional Employees International Union represents more than 108,000 members in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada. OPEIU represents employees and independent contractors in banking and credit unions, insurance, higher education, shipping, hospitals, medical clinics, utilities, transportation, hotels, administrative offices and more. Professional organizations and Guilds affiliated with OPEIU are a diverse group that includes nurses, pharmacists, insurance agents, appraisers, podiatrists, clinical social workers, minor league baseball umpires, teachers and helicopter pilots. SOURCE Office and Professional Employees International Union, AFL-CIO (OPEIU)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV