Bridgestone Commercial Solutions Introduces Three New Fuel-Efficient Firestone Truck Tires
NASHVILLE, Tenn., March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Bridgestone Commercial Solutions, a business of Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, today at the Mid-America Trucking Show unveiled three new Firestone-brand commercial truck tires for regional to long-haul use as part of the company's commitment to supporting drivers and small fleet owners with innovative, fuel-saving designs, fuel-efficient tread patterns and other features key to those seeking a lower cost per mile. The three new tires coincide with the launch of a new brand campaign, "Those With Drive, Drive a Firestone." The new tires – FS591, FD691, and FT491 – meet EPA SmartWay and California Air Resources Board (CARB) fuel efficiency requirements without sacrificing removal miles.
"Small business owners want a product they can trust to help move their business forward —developing tires to meet that need is our primary focus," said Bert Jones, Manager, Product Marketing, TBR, Retread and OTR, Bridgestone Commercial Solutions. "These new Firestone tires are engineered with technological advancements to boost fuel efficiency without sacrificing removal miles. Add in excellent retreadability to extend casing life and it all adds up to a lower cost per mile."
Each tire features patented NanoPro-Tech™ polymer technology that limits energy loss for improved rolling resistance and optimum fuel efficiency. Plus, an innovative sidewall design utilized in each tire reduces overall tire weight to improve fuel efficiency without sacrificing durability.
Additional features found in each tire include the following:
- FS591 Steer Radial – Combines low rolling resistance tread and energy-saving casing design to optimize fuel efficiency. The FS591 also features a wide, deep tread and proprietary shoulder design for greater removal mileage and irregular wear resistance. The ULTI-Rib™ and Defense Side Groove™ designs promote smooth wear while a continuous shoulder offers long, even wear and lower rolling resistance.
- FD691 Drive Radial – Features a continuous shoulder design and high-rigidity tread pattern to promote long, even wear, helping increase tread life and lower rolling resistance. Flow-through design evacuates water to increase road grip. The tire's optimized bead design and proprietary compound found in the sidewall lowers rolling resistance and improves fuel efficiency throughout the lifecycle of the casing.
- FT491 All-Position Radial – Features ULTI-Rib™ and Defense Groove™ designs to combat the initiation and spread of irregular wear. Sidewall protector ribs help protect the casing from curbing damage and abrasion. Plus, wider tread spreads load over a larger area, distributing footprint pressure to promote long, smooth wear. The wider design also takes a full-size drive cap when retreaded for extended life.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts