Ga. Jobless Rate Hits Lowest Level Since Early '09
ATLANTA (AP) â¿¿ State labor officials say Georgia's unemployment rate has dropped 8.6 percent, its lowest level in the past four years.
Georgia's seasonally adjusted jobless rate for February was the lowest since January 2009, down from 8.7 percent in January.
The Georgia Department of Labor announced the February numbers early Thursday.
State Labor Commissioner Mark Butler says Georgia employers have continued to create jobs and lay off fewer workers. He said there were fewer workers laid off and filing first-time claims for unemployment insurance in February than at any time since the recession began in 2007.Officials say most of the recent job growth came in professional and business services; education and health care; and information services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV