Atlas Pipeline Partners (NYSE: APL) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.10%. Atlas Pipeline Partners, L.P. operates in the gathering and processing segments of the midstream natural gas industry. The company operates in two segments, Gathering and Processing; and Transportation, Treating, and Other. The company has a P/E ratio of 34.33. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Atlas Pipeline Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Atlas Pipeline Partners has been 429,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Atlas Pipeline Partners has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 3.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Atlas Pipeline Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- APL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 121.14% to $49.12 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ATLAS PIPELINE PARTNER LP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 28.97%.
- APL's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.77 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.73 is weak.
- ATLAS PIPELINE PARTNER LP's earnings per share declined by 46.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ATLAS PIPELINE PARTNER LP reported lower earnings of $0.97 versus $5.22 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.92 versus $0.97).
- The gross profit margin for ATLAS PIPELINE PARTNER LP is currently extremely low, coming in at 13.90%. Regardless of APL's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, APL's net profit margin of -2.48% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- You can view the full Atlas Pipeline Partners Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts