Memorial Production Partners (NASDAQ: MEMP) shares currently have a dividend yield of 10.40%. Memorial Production Partners, L.P. engages in the acquisition, exploitation, development, and production of oil and natural gas properties. The company has a P/E ratio of 1954.00. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Memorial Production Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Memorial Production Partners has been 322,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Memorial Production Partners has a market cap of $565.3 million and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 6.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Memorial Production Partners as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MEMP's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 110.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 74.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $6.34 million to $11.08 million.
- Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, MEMORIAL PRODUCTION PRTRS LP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- MEMORIAL PRODUCTION PRTRS LP's earnings per share declined by 36.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MEMORIAL PRODUCTION PRTRS LP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.01 versus $0.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.88 versus -$0.01).
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.15 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management.
- You can view the full Memorial Production Partners Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts