NTELOS Holdings (NASDAQ: NTLS) shares currently have a dividend yield of 13.00%. NTELOS Holdings Corp., through its subsidiaries, provides wireless communications services to consumers and businesses primarily in Virginia and West Virginia, as well as parts of Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Kentucky. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.07. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate NTELOS Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for NTELOS Holdings has been 194,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. NTELOS Holdings has a market cap of $275.9 million and is part of the telecommunications industry. Shares are down 1.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates NTELOS Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins, generally higher debt management risk and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry. The net income increased by 100.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$60.54 million to $0.32 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 11.09 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, NTLS has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 2.01, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for NTELOS HOLDINGS CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.00%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 0.27% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full NTELOS Holdings Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts