Up first is Diageo (DEO), a stock that I talked about in last week's column. Diageo has spent the last several months bouncing within an ascending triangle pattern, and now this week's confirmed breakout is making DEO worth a second look.
The ascending triangle pattern is a bullish setup that's formed by horizontal resistance above shares and uptrending support below shares. As DEO bounced within the channel, it was getting squeezed closer and closer to a breakout above that $120 resistance level. When the move finally happened, it triggered our buy signal in this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV