Earlier in March, Citigroup highlighted actuarial firm Towers Watson (TW), media conglomerate Gannett (CGI), payments specialist Total System Services (TSS), home retailer Williams-Sonoma (WSM), American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) and Packaging Corporation of America (PKG), as possible private equity buyout targets with market caps in excess of $4 billion.
The team of Citigroup analysts also listed underachieving companies such as Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF), car parts supplierVisteon (VC), Allscripts Healthcare Solutions (MDRX), retailer Saks (SKS), Fuel Systems Solutions (FSYS) and gaming software makerTake-Two Interactive Software (TTWO), as notable small and mid-cap deal targets in 2013.
-- Written by Antoine Gara in New YorkFollow @antoinegara
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV