March 21, 2013
, the catalog division of
Sony Music Entertainment
, is proud to announce the label's all-star line-up of 7" and 12" vinyl titles for Record Store Day 2013, celebrated at independent record stores worldwide on
Saturday, April 20, 2013
For RSD 2013, Legacy is offering limited edition and collectible releases from classic artists including Aerosmith, Cypress Hill,
, Mad Season,
and Sly & the Family Stone. Legacy will also be releasing, as a double 12" vinyl set, the 20th anniversary edition of the groundbreaking No Alternative compilation.
Now in its sixth year,
Record Store Day
is an annual day-long celebration of record store culture taking place on the third Saturday in April. This past January, RSD announced the appointment of
to the post of Record Store Day 2013 Ambassador.
Legacy Recordings releases for Record Store Day 2013 include:
AEROSMITH - Three 12" LPs featuring original tracklists on 180-gram audiophile vinyl
- 12" 180-gram audiophile vinyl LP in an individually numbered jacket - 40 years after its original release in
, this RSD edition of Aerosmith's classic double platinum debut album is newly remastered from the original source tapes and features the signature tracks, "Dream On," "Mama Kin" and "Walkin' The Dog."
Get Your Wings
- 12" 180-gram audiophile vinyl LP in an individually numbered jacket - Newly remastered from the original source tapes, the RSD edition of Aerosmith's triple platinum selling second album, the band's first with producer
, includes the classic "Same Old Song and Dance," "Seasons of Wither" and "Train Kept A-Rollin'."
Toys In The Attic
- 12" 180-gram audiophile vinyl LP in an individually numbered jacket - Newly remastered from the original source tapes, the RSD edition of Aerosmith's third album reaffirms the record's stature in the pantheon of rock. The band's most commercially successful album--certified 8x platinum--
Toys In The Attic
introduced both "Walk This Way" and "Sweet Emotion" to the eternal rock canon.
CYPRESS HILL Black Sunday
- 2 12" 180-gram high quality heavyweight vinyl LPs in an individually numbered gatefold jacket - The RSD and 20th Anniversary edition of the iconic crossover blockbuster album, features the anthems that made Cypress Hill an indelible stamp on the pop culture landscape, including "Insane In The Brain," "Hits From The Bong" and "I Ain't Goin' Out Like That."
MILES DAVIS - Three 12" LPs presented in Mono, featuring original tracklists on 180-gram audiophile vinyl
Round About Midnight
- Widely acknowledged by jazz critics and aficionados as a landmark in 'hard bop' and one of the greatest jazz albums ever, Miles' 1956 Columbia Records debut showcased his first legendary quintet featuring
- A powerhouse sextet recording featuring
and Cannonball Adderley, this 1958 masterpiece captured Davis' first modal jazz experiments in pieces like "Straight, No Chaser" and the immortal title track.
Someday My Prince Will Come
- Davis' 1961 successor to Sketches of
is an combination of new originals--including tributes to his then-wife, Frances ("Pfrancing"); his producer,
("Teo"); and Columbia Records then-president
("Drad Dog")--alongside pop standards including the title track from the 1937 film "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs."
DUST Dust/Hard Attack
Two Albums/One Package - A 2 12" LP In an Individually Numbered Gatefold Jacket
The hard rock trio formed in
Brooklyn, New York
, Dust--arguably one of America's first heavy metal bands--was the launching pad for the careers of bassist
(Bob Dylan, Hall & Oates,
, the New York Dolls); drummer
(who played with Richard Hell & the Voidoids before becoming
in 1978); and guitarist
(who shifted gears, focusing on his producer skills, helmed the first two Kiss albums and several platinum and gold records. Dust recorded two albums--the 1971 self-titled debut and 1972's follow-up
--before disbanding. These two records have become highly-sought after collector's items. More than forty years since their original pressings,
have been remastered from their original analog tapes for this RSD edition, overseen by original Dust members Marc and Kenny.
JIMI HENDRIX "Hey Joe" b/w " Stone Free" - 45 RPM 7" vinyl single - individually numbered
These original 1966 mono mixes were first created for the Jimi Hendrix Experience's debut single in the UK and have never been since that time.