BROOKINGS, S.D., March 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Daktronics (Nasdaq:DAKT) announces that the implementation of lean manufacturing principles is reinforcing the company's commitment to efficiency and building high-quality, reliable products. Lean practices help manufacturers to continuously eliminate any resource expenditure that doesn't create value for the customer.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=17738
"As a result of our lean efforts, we've seen a 60 percent increase in factory efficiency," says Neil Andal, Daktronics lean manufacturing manager. "Standardizing our processes across the company empowers us to build a higher-quality product in all our factories."Daktronics began implementing lean production techniques in 2006 to establish stable, capable and repeatable processes. This consistency results in a superior product and reduced lead times. Daktronics owns 725,000 square feet of manufacturing space. A tour of the facilities reveals not only lean principles in action, but American manufacturing, too. Display cabinets, controllers, temperature sensors and light sensors are all made in the U.S.A., as well as the LED modules. "While many in the industry outsource module production to low-cost regions of the world, Daktronics assembles the components of our modules domestically. We are able to do this by continually improving the efficiency of our engineering and manufacturing processes," says Andal. As a final quality check, the company tests the entire display system before shipping it to the customer. The Daktronics reliability lab, installed in 2009, uses the latest advancements in environmental technology to test the limits of every product.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV