- Premiums will vary, depending on the risk level for a flood loss.
- Policies can be purchased for physical damage to a property, and a separate policy can also be purchased for the contents.
- Foundational elements and items usually located in a basement for making a home habitable, such as furnaces and water heaters, generally are covered.
- Finished elements in a basement, such as paneling, rugs and furniture, are not covered.
Consumers Advised To Consider Buying Flood Insurance
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.