New York City Boasts Highest Car Rental Rates In The USA
NEW YORK, March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- New York City is more expensive than any other city when it comes to the price of renting a car. That's the finding of a new survey from CheapCarRental.net. The survey compared 50 destinations in the United States based on their car rental rates over the past 12 months.
In New York City, travelers had to pay an average of $72 per day during the past year to rent the cheapest available car. That price tag is considerably more costly than in New Orleans and Honolulu, the second and third most expensive car rental cities. In these Louisiana and Hawaii locales, daily rental rates over the last 12 months averaged $64 and $63, respectively.
Among the least expensive destinations according to the list are San Diego, Seattle, and Los Angeles. In all three of these West Coast locations, renting a car cost visitors an average of only about $30 per day. That makes this threesome of destinations around 60% cheaper than in NYC. Coming in at the bottom of the list as the very cheapest U.S. city in which to rent a car is Milwaukee. Rental rates there averaged a mere $27 per day.The following table shows the 10 most expensive U.S. destinations in which to rent a car. The prices shown reflect the average daily rate for the cheapest available car in each city over the past 12 months. Each respective city's airport was chosen as the Pick Up and Drop Off location.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV