Life Time ( NYSE: LTM), the Healthy Way of Life Company and producer of nearly 100 athletic events annually, and Toyota today announced the introduction of the Toyota Triple Crown Series, a new dimension in triathlon that will bring additional drama and excitement to three existing Life Time Tri events: Life Time Tri Minneapolis (July 13), Life Time Tri Chicago (August 25), and Life Time Tri Oceanside (October 20). Toyota serves as the presenting sponsor of the Triple Crown Series as part of a multi-year agreement, extending Toyota’s long held support of Life Time Tri and the sport of triathlon.
The newly created Series will award $50,000 and the coveted Toyota Cup to the top professional female or male triathlete who competes in all three Toyota Triple Crown events. The Toyota Triple Crown winner will be declared at Life Time Tri Oceanside using an ‘equalizer’ time handicap format judged by Life Time.
The Toyota Triple Crown will take place in conjunction with the 2013 Life Time Tri Pro Series, which is made up of some of the most prominent triathlons in the United States, including:
Nautica South Beach Triathlon (Miami)
Life Time Tri CapTex (Austin, Texas)
Life Time Tri Tempe (Tempe, Ariz.)
Life Time Tri Oceanside (Oceanside, Cali.)
Life Time Tri Championship (Oceanside, Cali.)
The 2013 Life Time Tri Pro Series cash purse offers $450,000, including $250,000 in individual race awards and an additional $200,000 awarded to Life Time Tri Pro Series champions crowned at the series finale – Life Time Tri Oceanside. With the addition of the Toyota Triple Crown, the overall 2013 Life Time Tri cash purse is $500,000. To qualify for race awards, pros must start at least three events, including the Series finale, Life Time Tri Oceanside, with the top five events counting towards their overall standings. The official finishing times at Life Time Tri Oceanside will serve as a tiebreaker.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV