Put Your Tax Refund To Work; Invest In Your Vehicle
BETHESDA, Md., March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- How will you spend your tax refund? Another flat-screen TV? An iPad? Clothes? The Car Care Council has a better idea for your money: spend it on your second biggest investment, your car.
"Whether it's an oil change, replacing brakes or new belts and hoses, that periodic repair bill is a drop in the bucket compared to monthly payments on a new car," said Rich White, executive director Car Care Council. "The bottom line is that a properly maintained vehicle is safer, more dependable, more fuel efficient, less polluting and more valuable. The smartest way to get a solid return on investment is to keep your car through what we call the 'Cinderella Era.' It's that period of time after the payoff when your car is still in great shape and needs only modest repairs."
With proper care, the typical vehicle should deliver at least 200,000 miles of safe, dependable performance. The most common maintenance procedures and repairs to keep your car operating safely and reliably while maintaining its long-term value involve checking the oil, filters and fluids, the belts and hoses, brakes, tires and air conditioning. The council also recommends an annual tune-up and wheel alignment.
"Last year, the average tax refund was nearly $3,000. By simply allocating a portion, or the equivalent of just one new car payment, consumers could cover an entire year's worth of basic maintenance and live happily ever after with their current vehicle," said White.The Car Care Council is the source of information for the "Be Car Care Aware" consumer education campaign promoting the benefits of regular vehicle care, maintenance and repair to consumers. For a copy of the council's Car Care Guide or for more information, visit www.carcare.org. SOURCE Car Care Council
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV