COLUMBUS, Ohio, March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The State of Ohio has selected IBM (NYSE: IBM) for a $267-million 10 year modernization of the State of Ohio Computing Center (SOCC) through the development of a private cloud computing environment and the use of other hardware, software and services from IBM.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20090416/IBMLOGO )"We are working with IBM to significantly reduce the complexity of our infrastructure, improve data center operations and increase service delivery for state agencies and the constituents they serve," Stu Davis, State of Ohio's Chief Information Officer said. "This is a foundational component of Ohio's IT Optimization efforts that will result in savings and culminate in the consolidation of the state's IT assets into a primary state data center. This provides agencies with services they require and ensures we are spending taxpayers' dollars once."
The SOCC includes four floors and more than 350,000 square feet of space. It houses infrastructure for several State agencies that support more than 1,600 applications executing on over 2,700 servers in a complex network environment via an annual $108 million budget for these resources. By working with IBM, the State will be able to focus on meeting application demands that underpin the services it provides to the citizens of Ohio. The program will also lay the groundwork for future opportunities including the State's drive toward private, secure cloud computing.
Highlights of the work with IBM include:
- Remediating power and cooling capabilities in the State's facility in Columbus
- Migrating agency related infrastructure and application workloads within the facility
- Implementing operating model improvements to deploy ITIL-based service management
- Ongoing services in a co-managed arrangement with State staff
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV