The company raised its dividend to 14.52 cents from 13.2 cents. It will go into effect with the next dividend declaration, which is expected to be in May.
HP's previously announced dividend payable on April 3, for stockholders of record on March 13, won't be increased. That dividend will remain at 13.2 cents a share.
HP has about 2 billion shares of common stock outstanding.Despite calls to oust some of the company's directors by two shareholder advisory services, HP shareholders re-elected all the directors on Wednesday at the company's annual meeting.
AstraZeneca (AZN) is trending as the drugmaker announced it will cut an additional 2,300 jobs. The company said the cuts will take place among its sales representatives. They come on top of 1,600 jobs the company announced it would eliminate in research and development on March 18. AstraZeneca said it expects to incur $2.3 billion in one-time restructuring charges. It anticipates $800 million in cost savings per year after 2016. The company also plans to narrow its drug research focus, concentrating on respiratory, inflammation and autoimmune diseases, cardiovascular and metabolic illnesses and cancer.
Lufthansa is another popular search. The airline canceled nearly 40% of its flights on Thursday as its staff went on strike.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV