On the heels of recent W Hotel openings in Singapore and Bangkok,
W Hotels Worldwide
today announced plans to more than double its Asian presence by the end of 2018, offering global jetsetters nearly 20 W Hotels and Retreats in nine countries in the region. More than half of the W brand’s global pipeline is slated for Asia Pacific, including the first W Hotel in mainland China opening in
later this month, followed by other China openings in
over the next five years. Additional W Hotels have been announced in
“Asia is a rapidly growing market, long known for exemplary, traditional service in hospitality,” said Paul James, Global Brand Leader, W Hotels Worldwide, St. Regis, and The Luxury Collection. “With each new W Hotel opening, we are able to reinvent the luxury hotel landscape, offering cutting-edge design, whatever/whenever service, and insider access to what’s new and next for both our guests and locals alike.”
The W brand first entered Asia in 2004 with the opening of W Seoul - Walkerhill. Since then, W Hotels has strengthened its presence in the region with eight hotels and retreats in seven countries, including properties in Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Taiwan, Maldives, and Hong Kong.
“The growth spurt of W Hotels in Asia Pacific reflects a significant growth in demand for stylish luxury brands,” said Stephen Ho, President, Asia Pacific, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. “In addition, we believe W Hotels’ reinterpretation of luxury is what contributes to the brand’s success. W Hotels have now become a landmark and symbol of transformation in key cities and premier resorts across Asia Pacific.”
W Hotels will open eleven new properties in the Asia Pacific region by 2018, including:
W Guangzhou Hotel & Residences
- March 31, 2013 – Amid old Chinese opera stages, charming dim sum teahouses and dusty curio shops, W Guangzhou is located in the heart of Pearl River New Town, a new upscale district featuring luxury shopping and world-class entertainment. Introducing a new style of modern luxury, featuring cutting-edge architectural and interior designs, W Guangzhou will offer 317 contemporary guestrooms and suites, seven restaurants and bars, an AWAY
Spa, and SWEAT
state-of-the-art fitness center.
W Beijing – Chang’an
– 2014 – Steps from the mystical Forbidden City, vibrant Silk Market and famed Tiananmen Square, W Beijing – Chang’an will light up the city’s bustling Diplomatic District with a potent remix of high style, exhilarating history and pulsating nightlife. Luxe enough for ancient royals, but updated with modern treasures, W Beijing will feature 340 lavish guestrooms and suites with stunning city views.
– 2014 – W Changsha will offer travelers 330 guestrooms, a restaurant that is sure to provide epicurean adventure fitting of one of China’s top gourmet cities, and signature indoor heated WET
fitness center and AWAY
W Shanghai – The Bund
– 2014 – Towering above one of the world’s most stylish streets, W Shanghai – The Bund will become the epitome of city lifestyle. Boasting spectacular Huangpu River views, the hotel will feature the W brand’s signature WET
pool, 600 rooms designed in Shanghai style, and a spa for guests to escape the bustle of the city below.
W Retreat & Spa Goa –
2015 – Unwind by the Arabian Sea in a tropical paradise lined by dramatic red cliffs, soft, pristine sands, coconut palms and scenic views of Goa. Located on Vagator beach on the north shore of Goa, the hotel will offer 105 guestrooms amid beautiful and secluded beaches, colorful fishing communities and electrifying performances and nightlife.
– 2015 – Overlooking soaring skyscrapers, the Arabian Sea and the Mahalaxmi Racecourse, and steps from ancient temples, chic boutiques and colorful bazaars, W Mumbai will capture and amplify the pulsating energy and ancient charm of this cosmopolitan capital. Each of the 325 guestrooms and suites will offer sparkling views of Mumbai’s skyline and city. The hotel will also offer 25,833 square feet of meeting and event space.
W Noida – Delhi NCR
– 2016 – Located in the modern Yamunotri complex, W Noida – Delhi NCR will redefine the look of one of India’s most dynamic commercial and lifestyle centers. The hotel will feature 581 avant-garde guestrooms, WET
Spa, and an elevated restaurant and bar.
– 2016 – Located in the heart of Jakarta’s Central Business District, W Jakarta, will be the W brand’s second hotel in Indonesia, featuring 300 guestrooms, WET
outdoor pool, AWAY
Spa, and an innovative restaurant and bar offering.
W Kuala Lumpur
– 2016 – In the heart of The Golden Triangle, where the city’s hottest action unfolds, W Kuala Lumpur will offer travelers 150 rooms with spectacular sights of the skyline and the most sophisticated art, design, music, fashion and culture in one sensational skyscraper.
W Delhi NCR – Gurgaon WTC
– 2017 – Located in one of India’s most up-and-coming commercial centers, W Delhi NCR - Gurgaon WTC will offer 225 guestrooms and suites, enabling travelers to absorb the unbridled energy from the city’s multinational corporations, progressive residents, vibrant performing arts and ancient monuments.
– 2017 – Set among the scenic Jinji Lake and gleaming high-rises in the ultra-modern Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP), the city’s central business district, W Suzhou will consist of 366 stylish rooms and 71 serviced apartments. The hotel will offer four unique food and beverage venues, including a signature interactive dining restaurant, innovative Chinese restaurant, specialty restaurant and bar, and striking Living Room lounge.
For more information, please visit
. Follow @WHotels on Twitter and Instagram.
About W Hotels Worldwide
W Hotels is a contemporary, design-led lifestyle brand and the industry innovator with 43 hotels and retreats, including 15 W-branded residences, in the most vibrant cities and exotic destinations around the world. Inspiring, iconic, innovative and influential, W Hotels provides the ultimate in insider access, offering a unique mix of cutting-edge design and passions around fashion, music and entertainment. W Hotels offers a holistic lifestyle experience that is integrated into the brand’s sensibility through contemporary restaurant concepts, glamorous entertainment experiences, stylish retail concepts, signature spas and inspiring residences. With more than 14 years of proven success, W Hotels is on track to reach 60 hotels by the end of 2015. W Hotels have been announced for Guangzhou, Milan, Shanghai, Beijing, Bogota, Abu Dhabi, Mumbai, Dubai, Jakarta, Panama, Muscat, Suzhou, Changsha, New Delhi, Kuala Lumpur, and Sante Fe, Mexico, while upcoming W Retreats include Verbier, Goa, and Mexico’s Riviera Maya. For more information, visit
. To live the W Hotels lifestyle 24/7/365, visit
. Follow @WHotels on Twitter and Instagram.