March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- GlaxoSmithKline, Duke Energy and Food Lion will be honored at the 2013 Executive
Networking Conference for their significant role in helping to address the critical needs of small businesses across North Carolina.
Hosted by the North Carolina Institute of Minority Economic Development (NCIMED) and the Carolinas Minority Supplier Development Council, this year's event will be held
April 4-6 at the Pinehurst Resort in
Pinehurst, North Carolina.
Award recipients include:
- Duke Energy - Corporate Partner Award
- Mr. David L. Fitts of GlaxoSmithKline - Trailblazer Award
- Mr. Eric Watson of Food Lion - Corporate Partner Award
- Mr. Lewis Myers, co-founder of NCIMED - Trailblazer Award
- Mr. Andrew "Andy" Perkins of North Carolina A & T State University - Public Service Award
- The NC Department of Transportation - Public Service Award
Conference sponsors for the 2013 Executive
are: First Citizens Bank, Wells Fargo, Fifth Third Bank, PNC Bank, Merck, Food Lion, AT&T, GlaxoSmithKline,
Health System, Skanska, North Carolina Mutual,
Schools and Raytheon.
"We honor the commitment our award recipients and sponsors have made to nurturing and developing small businesses in
," said NCIMED President
. "The Executive
provides a relaxed environment, one in which new business relationships are cultivated, existing relationships are strengthened, and strategic alliances are developed."
For more than 20 years, the conference has served as an educational forum for professional development and business networking. Workshops and panel discussions about innovations in health care, construction, and utilities and telecommunications will be featured.