Other recommendations in Barclays’ Global Outlook include:
- Prefer developed market over emerging market equities
- Maintain equity exposure in both the US and Japan; UK stocks are appealing; Spanish equities look cheap
- In fixed income, there are probably more opportunities in emerging markets than in the developed markets, where yields are already at rock-bottom levels
- Look for returns in EM using asset selection based on idiosyncratic factors such as divergences in monetary and FX policy across countries
- In commodities and credit, correlations have fallen dramatically reducing opportunities for broad directional trades
- Expect further weakening in the yen and the British pound
Barclays’ Global Outlook research report, published quarterly, provides an assessment of all major economies and outlines the likely implications for global financial markets, including commodities, credit, economics, emerging markets, equities, fixed income and foreign exchange.
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people. We provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs. Our clients also benefit from access to the breadth of expertise across Barclays. We’re one of the largest financial services providers in the world, and are also engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate banking, and wealth and investment management. Barclays offers premier investment banking products and services to its clients through Barclays Bank PLC.
For more information, visit