Protect Yourself From Fraud After A Collision
TORONTO, March 21, 2013 /CNW/ - Today, the Financial Services Commission of Ontario and the Toronto Police Service launched a series of Public Service Announcements (PSAs) on what drivers should do after a collision to protect themselves from fraud.
The PSAs are accompanied by helpful infographics and cover:
- Information drivers should collect at the scene of a collision
- How to report a collision
- Decisions drivers need to make following a collision
"Don't let yourself become a victim of fraud. Be alert for signs or behaviours that suggest a staged collision. Record all relevant details and take pictures, if you can. This information will help us, help you," says Constable Clinton Stibbe of Toronto Police Service's Traffic Services Unit.
Philip Howell, CEO and Superintendent of Financial Services, adds "By being vigilant, Ontario drivers can help stop fraudsters who abuse the auto insurance system and take money out of drivers' pockets through higher premiums."If consumers suspect insurance fraud, they should report it to police, Crime Stoppers (1-800-222-TIPS) or FSCO. About the Financial Services Commission of Ontario FSCO is an agency of the Ministry of Finance established under the Financial Services Commission of Ontario Act, 1997. It regulates insurance, pension plans, loan and trust companies, credit unions and caisses populaires, co-operative corporations and mortgage brokerages and administrators in Ontario. FSCO investigates allegations of misconduct, unfair practices and non-compliance with legislation or regulations in its regulated sectors. When warranted, FSCO takes enforcement action.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV