- More than 40 percent of enterprise organizations cited Git adoption.
- On-premise (69 percent) and private cloud (44 percent) deployments of Git repositories are generally preferred over public cloud (27 percent) hosting options today.
- 25 percent of respondents indicated Git as one of their standard SCM tools.
- Git and the Agile Methodology go together – with 86 percent of Git users indicating they are using Agile at least partially.
- Git users (managers and above) cited security (51 percent), tool integration (49 percent) and coexistence with other SCM tools (37 percent) as real concerns.
- Most enterprises use two or more SCM tools, with Subversion, Microsoft TFS/VSS, and CVS the most-used SCM tools alongside Git (in that order).
- Suggested feature improvements to make Git better suited for the enterprise included administration, security management and performance on Windows.
CollabNet Sponsors First 'State Of Git In The Enterprise' Industry Survey, Makes Findings-Report Free
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts