CollabNet Sponsors First 'State Of Git In The Enterprise' Industry Survey, Makes Findings-Report Free
BRISBANE, Calif. , March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CollabNet® ( www.collab.net ), the global leader for Enterprise Cloud Development, today announced that results from the first major industry survey on Git adoption in the enterprise are available for free download at ( http://visit.collab.net/git-survey.html ). Findings from the survey, available in the State of Git in the Enterprise white paper, show that Git is clearly being adopted in the enterprise due to its ability to drive agility and innovation for leading-edge mobile, social and cloud-based applications. Key shortcomings are centered on security, governance and administration at scale. The result is enterprises are increasingly adopting a hybrid approach to source code management (SCM) usage to make it a vital part of the development process.
CollabNet partnered with UBM Tech to complete the research project of more than 245 software developers and managers. All respondents work for organizations with more than 100 employees, with 30 percent working at companies with more than 10,000 employees. To download a free copy of The State of Git in the Enterprise, please visit: ( http://visit.collab.net/git-survey.html ).
"Git was created for development speed and according to our survey results, this is exactly why organizations from a wide range of sectors have turned to it," said Eric Bruno, author of the report. "Its speed and powerful branching and merging have led to its adoption within companies of all sizes, both in terms of employee size and annual revenue. Git's adoption in the enterprise is clearly seen as a shining point."Highlights of the survey include:
- More than 40 percent of enterprise organizations cited Git adoption.
- On-premise (69 percent) and private cloud (44 percent) deployments of Git repositories are generally preferred over public cloud (27 percent) hosting options today.
- 25 percent of respondents indicated Git as one of their standard SCM tools.
- Git and the Agile Methodology go together – with 86 percent of Git users indicating they are using Agile at least partially.
- Git users (managers and above) cited security (51 percent), tool integration (49 percent) and coexistence with other SCM tools (37 percent) as real concerns.
- Most enterprises use two or more SCM tools, with Subversion, Microsoft TFS/VSS, and CVS the most-used SCM tools alongside Git (in that order).
- Suggested feature improvements to make Git better suited for the enterprise included administration, security management and performance on Windows.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts