SUNNYVALE, Calif., March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Zmanda, a leading global provider of open source and cloud backup solutions, announced the latest releases of Amanda Enterprise and Zmanda Recovery Manager (ZRM) for MySQL, which simplify backup management and recovery for small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) operating in heterogeneous environments. Zmanda solutions offer high-end features with price and ease-of-use designed with SMBs in mind. With the latest enhancements to these solutions, SMBs can seamlessly back up and manage a wide variety of databases and applications through a centralized backup server to disk, tape or cloud storage.
"Increasingly, SMBs today have complex IT environments that can make managing their backups more challenging, and often more complex," said Chander Kant, President of Zmanda, a Carbonite Company. "With the new versions of Amanda Enterprise and Zmanda Recovery Manager, we continue to deliver on our commitment to simplifying backup management for SMBs so our customers can focus on their business, not their backups."
"By developing intuitive interfaces, the Zmanda solutions further enable system administrators to easily manage their backups, and they can rely on active monitoring and reporting to give them confidence in the robustness of their infrastructure," continued Kant.
Amanda Enterprise Delivers Robust, Scalable Backup Platform Amanda Enterprise is an enterprise-grade, network backup solution based on open source backup and recovery software, Amanda. Built on extensive research and development, combined with active feedback from the thriving open source community, Amanda Enterprise 3.3 is a robust, scalable and feature-rich platform that meets the backup needs of heterogeneous environments, across Linux, Windows, OS X and Solaris-based systems.Amanda Enterprise 3.3 delivers significant architecture and feature updates for businesses to deliver more backup control and management features so they can administer their backups based on their specific needs and preferences. Key enhancements in Amanda Enterprise include:
- Advanced backup management
- Optimized SQL Server and Exchange Backups
- Improved Virtual Tape and Physical Tape Management
- Expanded Platform Support
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV