Sports Medicine Continuing Education Provided By Partnership Between Oakstone Publishing And American Sports Medicine Institute
BIRMINGHAM, Ala., March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Oakstone, one of the foremost providers of multimedia educational programs for healthcare professionals as well as corporate wellness resources, announces a strategic partnership with American Sports Medicine Institute, the prominent sports medicine research and education foundation founded by Dr. James Andrews, to offer sports medicine continuing education resources to medical providers, particularly primary care physicians and orthopaedic surgeons. The effort of Oakstone and ASMI's first collaboration, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine: A Surgeon's Comprehensive Review, is expected to be available in the second quarter.
Orthopaedic Sports Medicine: A Surgeon's Comprehensive Review consists of the following multimedia components, which will be offered for purchase in different combinations:
- Core lectures on general topics such as sideline preparedness and basic science of bone
- Lectures on six subspecialties – shoulder, elbow, hand and wrist, knee, hip and pelvis, and foot and ankle
- Surgical procedure videos of ASMI's top surgeons performing surgical procedures
The Course Directors, Drs. Jeffrey Dugas and Lyle Cain, Jr., are widely recognized board certified orthopaedic surgeons with a sports medicine subspecialty, practicing at Andrews Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Clinic in Birmingham, Alabama. Dr. Dugas serves as Team Physician for Troy University and is Medical Director for the Alabama Ballet and USA Cheer. Dr. Cain serves as Team Physician for the University of Alabama, the University of West Alabama, and Birmingham Southern College. Dr. Dugas and Dr. Cain serve as Medical Directors for the Birmingham Barons, the AA affiliate of the Chicago White Sox.
"Having a partner of ASMI's outstanding caliber, as well as Drs. Dugas and Cain as Course Directors, continues our 30-plus year tradition of providing superior medical education programs, as well as expands our educational offering to include the fast-growing field of sports medicine," said Connie Fleming, Oakstone's Senior Vice President, Operations and Human Resources."One of ASMI's chief purposes is to provide advanced training in sports medicine and orthopaedics by means of fellowships for physicians and other medical specialists," said Lanier Johnson, ASMI's Executive Director. "Joining forces with Oakstone, a top-tier provider of CME, will enable us to significantly expand the reach of ASMI's sports medicine expertise to additional physicians and healthcare providers."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV