Bright House Networks And Dish Network Lead TV Services Industry In Customer Experience According To New Temkin Group Research
WABAN, Mass., March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Based on a study of 10,000 U.S. consumers, Bright House Networks and Dish Network earned the top spots in the TV services sector of the 2013 Temkin Experience Ratings. At the other end of the spectrum, Time Warner Cable and Charter Communications are the lowest-rated companies in the industry. The overall industry was the lowest rated out of 19 industries in the ratings.
"Bad customer experience is an ongoing epidemic in the TV services sector. Even the best firm in the industry is rated in the bottom third of all companies," states Bruce Temkin, managing partner of Temkin Group.
The Temkin Experience Ratings evaluates three areas of customer experience: functional (can customers do what they want to do), accessible (how easy it is to work with the company), and emotional (how consumers feel about their interactions).
The ratings include 10 TV service providers: AT&T, Bright House Networks, Cablevision, Charter Communications, Comcast, Cox Communications, DirecTV, Dish Network, Time Warner Cable , and Verizon.Here are some additional highlights from the ratings:
- The top TV service providers Bright House Networks and Dish Network (tied for 166 th out of all 246 companies in the ratings across industries) are lower rated than even the worst company in the parcel delivery service, grocery, and fast food industries. While these top two companies earned "okay" ratings, the rest of the companies in the industry earned either "poor" or "very poor" ratings.
- The last place company in the industry, Time Warner Cable , earned the 244 th ranking, tied for next to last across all industries.
- The second-to-last TV service provider, Charter Communications, improved eight points over last year, the largest gain in the industry.
- Cox Communications' rating decreased six points from 2012, the largest drop in the industry
- Dish Network is the highest rated in the functional component, Optimum (iO)/Cablevision is highest rated in accessible, and Bright House Networks is highest rated in the emotional component.
- Cox Communications has the lowest functional rating while Time Warner Cable has the lowest accessible and emotional ratings.
- The average rating for the industry remained about the same between 2012 and 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV