ERIE, Pa., March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- It's official: Erie Insurance rocks. Cover Story, a classic rock band made up of employees from the insurance carrier, has earned a spot in the regional finals of the FORTUNE Battle of the Corporate Bands. They'll face off against 18 other bands for one of eight spots in the finals, which will take place at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland in September. This is the first year Cover Story has competed in the contest, though the band is already known throughout Erie, having played events such as Music in the Vineyards and Roar on the Shore.
Cover Story has been playing together for eight years and consists of five members:
- Paul Bittner – Bass guitar hero and workers compensation claims vice president
- Paul Borden – Talents include but not limited to: rhythm guitar shredding, keyboards and senior organizational effectiveness consultant
- Sonia Esfabodirad – Diva, lead vocals and claims project manager
- Matt Myers – Fearless lead guitarist, vocalist and claims senior vice president
- Billy Stiles – Drum wailer and claims project manager
"When people think about storied rock towns, no doubt Erie, Pa., springs to the top of many minds," said a grinning Myers. "Our goal is to show the judges in Nashville that a group of insurance pros from a small city near a big lake deserve to play the Rock Hall."This is the 13 th year of the FORTUNE Battle of the Corporate Bands, which supports education programs at the Rock Hall. Past winners include bands from Ernst & Young, Procter & Gamble, and eBay. To learn more about Cover Story visit their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/pages/Cover-Story/139850879363904. According to A.M. Best Company, Erie Insurance Group, based in Erie, Pennsylvania, is the 15th largest homeowners insurer and 12 th largest automobile insurer in the United States based on direct premiums written and the 20th largest property/casualty insurer in the United States based on total lines net premium written. The Group, rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company, has more than 4.5 million policies in force and operates in 11 states and the District of Columbia. Erie Insurance Group is a FORTUNE 500 company. Erie Insurance is proud to be named a J.D. Power and Associates' 2012 Customer Service Champion. ERIE is one of only 50 U.S. companies so named. Erie Insurance is also recognized on the list of Ward's 50 Group of top performing insurance companies, which analyzes the financial performance of 3,000 property and casualty companies and recognizes the top performers for achieving outstanding results in safety, consistency and financial performance over a five-year period (2007-2011). News releases and more information about Erie Insurance Group are available at www.erieinsurance.com. SOURCE Erie Insurance
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV