CHICAGO, March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Bankers Life and Casualty Company's annual Forget Me Not Days ® event to benefit the Alzheimer's Association will tip off on Friday, March 22 nd at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
The first 8,000 fans in attendance for the Indiana Pacers vs. Milwaukee Bucks game will receive a packet of Forget-Me-Not flower seeds to take home and plant in honor of families across Indiana who are facing Alzheimer's.
More than five million Americans are living with Alzheimer's disease including 120,000 people in Indiana alone. As the population ages, these numbers are projected to exponentially increase, according to the Alzheimer's Association.
"The staggering statistics further open our eyes to the destructive track this disease is on," said Scott Perry, president of Bankers Life, the national life and health insurer. "That is why each year we make a commitment to raise money to support the Alzheimer's Association and its local chapters through Forget Me Not Days fundraising and corporate donations."Since 2003, Bankers Life has supported the Alzheimer's Association with nearly $3 million for care, education and research programs. "Thousands of Hoosiers struggling with Alzheimer's disease use our services at no cost each year. We rely on donations to provide this care, support and education as researchers work tirelessly to find a cure," Alzheimer's Association Greater Indiana Chapter Executive Director Heather Hershberger said. "Bankers Life and Casualty Company is a key supporter. We are grateful for the company's commitment to our vision: a world without Alzheimer's disease." In May, more than 1,000 Bankers Life agents and employees across 180 U.S. cities will go out into the community to collect donations for local chapters of the Alzheimer's Association and raise awareness of the disease. Volunteers will hand out packets of Forget-Me-Not flower seeds in exchange for the donations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV