HOUSTON, March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) announces that its SafeTI™ functional safety hardware development process is now certified as suitable for development of ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 compliant components. TI achieved this process certification from TUV SUD, an internationally recognized and accredited independent assessor of compliance to quality, safety, and security standards. The certificate demonstrates TI's commitment to have a process suitable for developing hardware components that are compliant to ISO 26262 and IEC 61508*.
Announced last year, SafeTI functional safety design packages help TI's customers manage both systematic and random failures, so they can design their functional safety systems. SafeTI design packages help customers comply with international functional safety standards such as ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 for applications in transportation, industrial, medical, railway and other areas where functional safety is important. SafeTI design packages include five key components for functional safety:
- Functional safety-enabled semiconductor components developed as safety-standard- compliant items to help enable designers build safe systems with confidence.
- Safety documents, tools and software to decrease development and certification time. SafeTI documents include a Safety Manual detailing product safety architecture and recommended usage, Safety Analysis Report including details of safety analysis and Safety Report summarizing compliance to targeted standards.
- Complementary embedded processing and analog components work together to help designers meet safety standards.
- Quality manufacturing processes to help address systematic failures. The corporate quality process used is ISO 9001 and/or ISO/TS 16949 (including AEC-Q100 for automotive) to enable the customer to deliver robust solutions.
- Safety development process certified suitable for development of IEC 61508- and/or ISO 26262-compliant semiconductors by TUV SUD. An assessment report and certificate of compliance is available in English, Japanese, Korean and Chinese.
Find out more about SafeTI design packages:
- SafeTI safety design packages: www.ti.com/safeti
- Video overview of SafeTI design packages: www.ti.com/hercules-safeti-pr-v
- Hercules™ safety microcontrollers: www.ti.com/hercules
- TPS65301-Q1 safety qualified power management ICs: www.ti.com/product/tps65381-q1
- DRV3201-Q1 safety qualified motor driver IC: www.ti.com/product/drv3201-q1