ATHENS, Greece, March 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Diana Shipping Inc. (NYSE:DSX), a global shipping company specializing in the ownership and operation of dry bulk vessels, announced today that its Board of Directors (the "Board") has scheduled the Company's Annual Meeting of Shareholders (the "Meeting") for May 16, 2013. The Board has set a record date for the Meeting of April 2, 2013. Since the Meeting will occur more than 30 days prior to the anniversary of the Company's prior Annual Meeting of Shareholders held on July 31, 2012, the Board has set a new deadline for the receipt of shareholder proposals a reasonable time before the Company will begin to print and send its proxy materials. For business to be properly brought before the Meeting by any shareholder, and for a nomination of directors to be made by a shareholder, notice must be received by the Company in proper written form, in accordance with the Company's Amended and Restated Bylaws, no later than April 4, 2013.
About the Company
Diana Shipping Inc. is a leading global provider of shipping transportation services through the ownership and operation of dry bulk vessels. The Company's vessels are employed primarily on medium to long-term time charters and transport a range of dry bulk cargoes, including such commodities as iron ore, coal, grain and other materials along worldwide shipping routes.
CONTACT: Corporate Contact: Ioannis Zafirakis Director, Executive Vice-President and Secretary Telephone: + 30-210-947-0100 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Investor and Media Relations: Edward Nebb Comm-Counsellors, LLC Telephone: + 1-203-972-8350 Email: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV