ATHENS, Greece, March 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Diana Containerships Inc. (Nasdaq:DCIX), a global shipping company specializing in owning and operating containerships, announced today that its Board of Directors (the "Board") has scheduled the Company's Annual Meeting of Shareholders (the "Meeting") for May 15, 2013. The Board has set a record date for the Meeting of April 1, 2013. Since the Meeting will occur more than 30 days prior to the anniversary of the Company's prior Annual Meeting of Shareholders held on July 30, 2012, the Board has set a new deadline for the receipt of shareholder proposals a reasonable time before the Company will begin to print and send its proxy materials. For business to be properly brought before the Meeting by any shareholder, and for a nomination of directors to be made by a shareholder, notice must be received by the Company in proper written form, in accordance with the Company's Amended and Restated Bylaws, no later than April 4, 2013.
About the Company
Diana Containerships Inc. is a Marshall Islands corporation founded in 2010 to own and operate containerships and pursue containership acquisition opportunities. Diana Containerships Inc. intends to continue to capitalize on investment opportunities by purchasing additional containerships in the secondhand market, from other companies, shipyards and lending institutions, and may also enter into newbuilding contracts with shipyards for new containerships.
CONTACT: Corporate Contact: Ioannis Zafirakis Director, Chief Operating Officer and Secretary Telephone: +30-216-600-2400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.dcontainerships.com Investor and Media Relations: Edward Nebb Comm-Counsellors, LLC Telephone: + 1-203-972-8350 Email: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV