PLANO, Texas, March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- No bowl is safe with nearly half of Millennial men, ages 18-34, admitting to conducting the biggest party foul in the book: double-dipping. To celebrate National Chip and Dip Day on Saturday, March 23, Tostitos, a leading brand from PepsiCo's Frito-Lay division and the brand known for always dialing up good times, conducted a survey with ORC International interviewing more than 1,000 Americans from Feb. 14-17, 2013, about their chip-dipping habits. Survey results revealed that 39 percent of young adults admit to double-dipping, and 67 percent say simply dipping a chip makes them happy.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/with-national-chip-and-dip-day-upon-us-the-results-are-in--men-are-the-biggest-offenders-of-double-dipping-199271041.html
Other key findings from the survey include:
- Battle of the Sexes: Only one-third (32 percent) of young women surveyed said they have double-dipped at a party while nearly half (46 percent) of young men admit that they have snuck a second dip.
- Let's Party On: After witnessing a double-dip, 54 percent of young partygoers will step away from the dip bowl, while 22 percent don't mind joining in on the double-dipping action.
- If You Must, Be Discreet: While young adults may be the first to take their chip back for seconds, one in four Americans has double-dipped at a party. Though some may let it slide, 25 percent of those surveyed will call out fellow partygoers if they go in for a second dip.
- Pop-Up Party: According to Americans in their twenties and thirties, it's not a party without chips and dip. Nearly two-thirds (62 percent) of partygoers consider chips and dip a party staple with 74 percent of consumers keeping chips and salsa stashed in the pantry in case of a spontaneous party.
"The Tostitos brand couldn't think of a better way to celebrate National Chip and Dip Day than to unearth the secret party-snacking habits of our fans," said Tony Matta, vice president of marketing, Frito-Lay North America. "While we don't condone double-dipping, we encourage our fans to get together and dial up that party."Perfect for dipping, Tostitos Cantina chips and salsas — the newest additions to the Tostitos portfolio — bring life to the party. With unique tortilla chip textures and perfectly paired flavorful salsas, the Tostitos Cantina line includes two unique tortilla chips and salsa pairings that bring consumers distinct and delicious taste experiences, reminiscent of their favorite Mexican Restaurant:
- Tostitos Cantina Thin & Crispy tortilla chips offer a crispy, light texture. They pair perfectly with the smoky flavor of new Tostitos Cantina Chipotle Restaurant Style salsa.
- Tostitos Cantina Traditional tortilla chips are authentic and hearty yellow corn chips. They deliver an abundant crunch and stand up to hearty dips, like delicious Tostitos Cantina Roasted Garlic Thick & Chunky salsa.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV