SHANGHAI, China, March 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- JA Solar Holdings Co., Ltd., (Nasdaq:JASO) ("JA Solar" or the "Company"), one of the world's largest manufacturers of high-performance solar power products, today announced it has commenced delivery of 2 MW of solar modules to Jet Energy International for a solar power plant located in Kenitra, Morocco.
Expected to be the largest ground mount photovoltaic power plant in North Africa when completed in the first quarter of 2013, the 2 MW project will be equipped with 7,150 pieces of JA polycrystalline modules and is estimated to generate more than 3.5 million kWh of electricity per year. Electricity generated by the power plant will on average offset more than 2,100 metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions annually. Jet Energy International, a Morocco-based affiliate of JetAlu Morocco, is the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) service provider for the project.
"The power plant is designed to generate power at a levelized cost of electricity (LCOE) similar to that of other traditional forms of energy sources at around 0.8 Dirham per kWh, establishing a new benchmark in the region," said Mr. Adil Rtibi, CEO of Jet Energy International. "We are glad to have chosen JA Solar as our partner for the project. Their top-notch products and exceptional customer service are the key success factors to the project.""We are very proud to be part of this flagship project in Morocco," said Mr. Baofang Jin, CEO of JA Solar. "This project with Jet Energy International not only signifies an important step for us in the North African market, but also serves as another example of JA Solar's continued success in expanding into emerging markets around the world. We will continue to increase our footprint by focusing on providing our customers with high-quality product offerings and great customer service."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV