7. Petco Park , San Diego, California
Travelers visiting "America's Finest City" are invited to explore this seaside ballpark, which complements the beauty of the surrounding Pacific Ocean. Since opening its gates in 2004, Petco Park has allowed fans to cheer from one of the site's trademark dark blue seats or its grass-covered seating area known as "The Park at the Park." A TripAdvisor traveler noted, "The atmosphere is the best, the fans are super cool and the view is simply spectacular."
8. Kauffman Stadium , Kansas City, Missouri
Celebrating its 40 th anniversary this year, Kauffman Stadium claims to have hosted more than 70 million baseball enthusiasts since 1973. Known best for its 322-foot illuminated fountain and waterfall display, Kauffman Stadium is a fan favorite. "Every seat is a good seat, the fountains are iconic, and the outfield activities for kids are great," commented a TripAdvisor traveler.9. Rangers Ballpark in Arlington , Arlington, Texas With an asymmetrical natural grass field, this 270-acre sports complex was designed to resemble the iconic ballparks of the early 20 th century. Travelers will enjoy state-of-the-art amenities, as the stadium features a premium sound system equipped with 1,200 speakers throughout the venue. A TripAdvisor traveler noted, "It is one of the few stadiums that have tried to make you feel like the old time major league stadium still exists."
10. Wrigley Field , Chicago, Illinois Built in 1914, the Windy City's iconic "friendly confines" has witnessed many memorable moments in baseball, including Babe Ruth's famous "called shot." Today the traditions continue as the score-by-innings are still manually changed, the outfield walls are adorned in ivy, and Harry Carey's beloved "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" is still sung during the seventh-inning stretch. A TripAdvisor traveler commented, "No Chicago visit is complete without a trip to Wrigley Field!" "Nothing says Americana like a day out at the old ball game, and the TripAdvisor community has identified these popular stadiums as the finest," said Brooke Ferencsik, director of communications at TripAdvisor. "From the architecture of the buildings, to the stunning views of the surroundings, to the local culinary delights, these parks provide travelers with baseball-rich experiences that will last a lifetime." About TripAdvisor TripAdvisor ® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to plan and have the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers trusted advice from real travelers and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features with seamless links to booking tools. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, with more than 200 million unique monthly visitors**, and over 100 million reviews and opinions. The sites operate in 30 countries worldwide, including China under daodao.com. TripAdvisor also includes TripAdvisor for Business, a dedicated division that provides the tourism industry access to millions of monthly TripAdvisor visitors. TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) manages and operates websites under 19 other travel media brands: www.airfarewatchdog.com, www.bookingbuddy.com, www.cruisecritic.com, www.everytrail.com, www.familyvacationcritic.com, www.flipkey.com, www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.holidaywatchdog.com, www.independenttraveler.com, www.onetime.com, www.seatguru.com, www.sniqueaway.com, www.smartertravel.com, www.tingo.com, www.travel-library.com, www.travelpod.com, www.virtualtourist.com, www.whereivebeen.com, and www.kuxun.cn. *Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, worldwide, January 2013 **Source: Google Analytics, worldwide data, January 2013 ©2013 TripAdvisor, Inc. All rights reserved.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts