- The standard unemployment rate for less-educated U.S. citizens in New Jersey was 14.3% in 2012, making it the 2 nd worst state in country. The unemployment rate only includes those who have looked for jobs in the last four weeks.
- The broader measure of unemployment (referred to as U-6), which includes those who want to work, but have not looked recently; shows an unemployment rate of 21.9% for less-educated citizens in New Jersey — 11 th worst in the country.
- In 2012, 40.4% of less-educated citizens (ages 18 to 65) were not working in New Jersey. This includes the unemployed and those entirely out of the labor force.
- The 40.4% figure represents a dramatic deterioration in recent years. As recently as 2007, 33.2% of less-educated citizens (18 to 65) were not working.
- There were a total of 691,000 less-educated citizens (18 to 65) in the state not working in 2012.
- Looking at all citizens of every education level in New Jersey, there were 1.4 million U.S. citizens (18 to 65) not working.
- Although Sen. Menendez and other members of the Gang of Eight seem to believe there is shortage of workers to fill jobs that require modest level of education, the employment data collected by the government does not support this conclusion.
Unemployment High In New Jersey Yet Senator Menendez Works To Increase Immigration
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.