BANGALORE, India and EAST BRUNSWICK, New Jersey, March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Wipro Technologies, the Global Information Technology, Consulting and Outsourcing business of Wipro Ltd. (NYSE:WIT) today announced, that it was named a "Leader" by Verdantix, a leading analyst firm in providing advice to clients in the field of energy, environment and sustainability challenges, in its report " Green Quadrant® Sustainable Technology Services (Global), March 2013".
Verdantix evaluated 16 of the leading sustainable technology service providers globally, based on interviews with 15 buyers representing firms with revenues of $183 billion, supplier responses to a 53 point questionnaire and detailed supplier interviews. The report says thatWipro's entry into the Leaders Quadrant for the first time shows that its investments have paid off.The most popular sustainability projects today are energy reduction, environmental management and sustainability performance reporting, but leading firms now look towards enterprise-wide transformational initiatives that will increase revenue and improve their brand and reputation."We recognize that sustainability and EH&S (Environment Health and Safety) are key focus areas for enterprises in the Energy and Mining industries and we have significant capabilities to address them. Our HSSE (Health, Safety, Sustainability and Environment) frameworks focus on next generation safety and sustainability competences and hence being recognized by Verdantix as a leader in the Green Quadrant for Sustainable Technology Service Providers is extremely exciting", said Anand Padmanabhan, SVP and Global Head of Wipro - Energy, Natural Resources and Utilities, Wipro Technologies. "We are very pleased to be recognized by Verdantix as a leader in Sustainable Technology Services", said G K Prasanna, SVP and Head of Wipro EcoEnergy. "We believe this recognition is a testament to our proven ability to help clients reduce energy costs and sustain them over a period of time. Our innovative approach of Analytics and Business correlation based logic helps us provide comprehensive energy management services. Wipro will continue to invest in the areas of technology and energy data management to bring in necessary standardization and benchmarking across industries." The report says that:
- Wipro is notable for its work with utilities, retailers and in EH&S.
- Wipro has a broad portfolio in its EcoEnergy business with a best-in-class offering in real estate and manufacturing energy systems, and offers a comprehensive suite of renewable energy services focusing on implementation of Solar PV systems.
- It has built a large customer following, especially amongst retail & consumer packaged goods (CPG) clients. It offers attractive commercial terms, for example it will offer to invoice them only after the customers achieve energy bill savings, as part of its customer reward commercial models.
- Wipro has built a strong practice in smart meters in Australia, Europe and the US. It also works on smart grid projects for large utilities in the US and the UK.
- Wipro has considerable experience in advising clients on sustainability performance management and EH&S management in the oil and gas, and mining industries. It has been involved in large and strategic EH&S programs for oil & gas firms across US and Europe and companies in the Middle-East and Australia.