BEIJING (China Content Broadcasting Network Exhibition – Hall: 3; Booth # 3403), March 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR), a world leader in semiconductor solutions for the connected home, announced today the EN71xy family of set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions. The new high-performance products are designed for DTAs (digital terminal adapter), cable and terrestrial zappers and IP-Clients. The EN71xy family offers existing Entropic customers the ability to leverage current software to develop lower-cost STB solutions. Entropic is demonstrating the power and performance of the new EN71xy family this week at the China Content Broadcasting Network (CCBN) exhibition – Hall 3, Booth #3403 – which takes place in Beijing.
The EN71xy family extends industry ecosystem compliance by leveraging the industry-standard ARM® architecture, and offers an increased focus on security to meet operator demands while meeting stringent bill of material (BOM) cost requirements.
"Entropic continues to bring advanced and affordable next-generation STB SoC solutions to market. The EN71xy product-line uses the strengths of the ARM architecture to meet the demand for low-power, high-performance STB technology," said Nandan Nayampally, vice president, Application Systems Marketing, ARM. "We are pleased that our partnership with Entropic is driving success for operators and retailers and is enabling compelling new STB experiences for consumers."Specifically, the EN71xy family provides the following advantages:
- Unprecedented price/performance by leveraging:
- An ARM Cortex™-A9 processor, with operation up to 1GHz;
- "LP" process node for low power consumption;
- Software compatibility with Entropic's STB SoCs including the standard-setting EN75xx-family; and
- Advanced security solution suites from Conditional Access vendors.
- Full suite of development tools including:
"The EN71xy family is an industry-compliant, high-performance, high-value STB SoC with advanced security capabilities to meet key market and operator demands," said Roger Gregory, vice president, Set-top Box Group, Entropic. "Our EN71xy family extends OEM value as it caters to the development of cost-effective STB solutions across multiple categories including digital terminal adapters, entry level cable and terrestrial HD zappers, and new cost-effective IP-Client devices."
- Software development kit (SDK), which is compatible across the full STB SoC family; and
- Comprehensive industrial reference designs.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts