BEIJING (China Content Broadcasting Network Exhibition – Hall: 3; Booth # 3403), March 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR), a world leader in semiconductor solutions for the connected home, announced today the EN71xy family of set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions. The new high-performance products are designed for DTAs (digital terminal adapter), cable and terrestrial zappers and IP-Clients. The EN71xy family offers existing Entropic customers the ability to leverage current software to develop lower-cost STB solutions. Entropic is demonstrating the power and performance of the new EN71xy family this week at the China Content Broadcasting Network (CCBN) exhibition – Hall 3, Booth #3403 – which takes place in Beijing.
- Unprecedented price/performance by leveraging:
- An ARM Cortex™-A9 processor, with operation up to 1GHz;
- "LP" process node for low power consumption;
- Software compatibility with Entropic's STB SoCs including the standard-setting EN75xx-family; and
- Advanced security solution suites from Conditional Access vendors.
- Full suite of development tools including:
"The EN71xy family is an industry-compliant, high-performance, high-value STB SoC with advanced security capabilities to meet key market and operator demands," said Roger Gregory, vice president, Set-top Box Group, Entropic. "Our EN71xy family extends OEM value as it caters to the development of cost-effective STB solutions across multiple categories including digital terminal adapters, entry level cable and terrestrial HD zappers, and new cost-effective IP-Client devices."
- Software development kit (SDK), which is compatible across the full STB SoC family; and
- Comprehensive industrial reference designs.