"As a designer, I'm always excited when Toyota fosters art and creativity in today's youth," said Ian Cartabiano, Chief Designer at Toyota's Calty Design Center in Newport Beach, Calif. "These young people are using their ideas through art to improve the world, and I feel privileged to witness our bright future coming up with the next big, new idea."
To view the artwork and to learn more about the contest, please visit www.TFSintheCommunity.com.
History: Last year, World Contest winners included two entrants from Thailand and one from Romania. The first international contest was held in 2004 by Toyota Motor Corporation in Japan, with the dual goals of inspiring children to understand the importance of having a dream while, at the same time, encouraging them to become interested in cars by designing "Dream Cars" of their imagination.
CUTLINE: Actor and avid art collector Cheech Marin along with Ian Cartabiano, Chief Designer at Toyota's Calty Design Studio, critique artwork submitted by youth from across the country for the Toyota Dream Car Art Contest, March 14, 2013, at Toyota's U.S. headquarters in Torrance, Calif. Nine winners were selected to compete in Japan as World Semi-Finalists, against entrants from 70 other countries. The grand prize winner will win an all-expense paid trip to Japan.SOURCE Toyota Financial Services
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV