Georgia Center For Nonprofits Announces Second Annual Georgia Gives Day
Georgians encouraged to rally together and give to local charities on Wednesday, Nov.13, 2013 for Georgia Gives Day
ATLANTA, March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On the heels of great success in 2012, the Georgia Center for Nonprofits (GCN) is proud to announce the second annual Georgia Gives Day, a statewide, online fundraiser for local nonprofits. Georgians will come together to raise as much money and awareness as possible within a 24-hour period, this year on Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2013.
The goal of Georgia Gives Day is to bring the state together as one community and to help build capacity for local charities throughout Georgia. More than 1,300 nonprofits participated in the inaugural Georgia Gives Day in 2012, and nearly 7,000 unique donors raised more than $780,000 in one day of giving via the Georgia Gives Day website."We are extremely grateful for the outpouring of support," said Karen Beavor, president and CEO of GCN. "The success of last year's day of giving and the diversity of participants clearly shows the impact nonprofits have in our communities." In 2013, GCN looks to expand Georgia Gives Day by making substantial upgrades to the website, recruiting more nonprofits to participate, and raising the visibility of the event to generate more funds in its second year. Registration for Georgia Gives Day is once again open and all nonprofits are encouraged to sign up and join the movement. About Georgia Gives Day The mission of Georgia Gives Day is to inspire individuals to donate to participating nonprofits with the goal of raising as much money as possible within a 24-hour period. GAgivesday.org makes donating easy by organizing hundreds of nonprofits across the state onto one website, providing the information people need to select a cause or charity of their choice, and enabling online donations by credit card or e-check.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV