MIDLAND, Mich., March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --MATRIX:MIDLAND at Midland Center for the Arts has announced the lineup for its 35th annual MATRIX:MIDLAND Festival, featuring world-class performers, musicians and professional speakers. This year's festival runs from May 29, through June 20. Tickets go on sale at noon on Monday, April 15, 2013 . Information and ticket prices are available online at mcfta.org or by calling the Ticket Office at 800-523-7649.
Always an exhilarating and eclectic array of entertainment, this year's MATRIX:MIDLAND Festival includes: an aviation hero; music that defined a decade (the 60s!); insights learned through a miraculous medical recovery; the charms of a Tony® and GRAMMY® Award winner; a play space where kids take charge; and a hip and rollicking around-the-world concert. Plus, a special Summer Concert in July!
MATRIX:MIDLAND Festival 2013 – AT A GLANCE:
- Chesley B. (Sully) Sullenberger, III: "Making a Difference: Stories of Vision and Courage from America's Leaders" – One of the most captivating American heroes of this century explores what it takes to lead and inspire. ( May 29)
- The Midtown Men – They took Broadway by storm in "Jersey Boys," and now they're together again in a one-of-a-kind concert experience celebrating the music that defined the 60s! ( May 30)
- Dr. Eben Alexander: "Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey to the Afterlife" – Hear about Dr. Alexander's own miraculous medical recovery, and how it influenced his belief in the existence of the soul after death. ( June 5)
- An Evening with Audra McDonald – The Tony and GRAMMY Award winner and her trio will charm the audience with her trademark mix of show tunes and contemporary numbers. ( June 8)
- Polyglot Theatre's "TANGLE" – Part visual arts installation, part playground, part dance party – and all chaos! TANGLE is a fun and interactive elastic-weaving event created by children and their families. ( June 13 – 16)
- Pink Martini – Hip, sophisticated, quirky and totally fab, take a rollicking around-the-world musical adventure with this stylish 12-piece orchestra and vocalist: Pink Martini! (June 20)
- SUMMER CONCERT! Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers featuring Edie Brickell – An evening of fast-picking banjo playing and witty banter as Steve Martin and The Steep Canyon Rangers return to Midland! ( July 26)