BALTIMORE, March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Boards of Directors of The Adams Express Company (NYSE:ADX) and Petroleum & Resources Corporation (NYSE: PEO) have selected Kathleen T. McGahran to serve as the Chairperson of the Boards of Directors of both Companies, effective March 19, 2013. Dr. McGahran is the first non-executive director to serve as Board Chairperson.
Dr. McGahran has been a member of the Companies' Boards of Directors since 2003. She is a Principal & Director of Pelham Associates, Inc., which designs and provides executive education programs to an impressive list of large financial, insurance, academic and media-related institutions. She also is an Adjunct Associate Professor at the Stern School of Business at NYU, and formerly served as Associate Dean and Director of Executive Education and Associate Professor at Columbia University, and as an Adjunct Associate Professor at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College.
Dr. McGahran holds a Ph. D. in Accounting and Finance from NYU, a Master's in Business Administration from Iona College, and a J.D. from Fordham University. She received her undergraduate degree from Marymount College. She maintains her C.P.A. and is a member of the New York and New Jersey Bars.
The Adams Express Company and Petroleum & Resources Corporation are Baltimore-based closed-end funds that have been operating as investment companies since 1929. They are traded on the New York Stock Exchange and their symbols are ADX and PEO, respectively.For further information, please contact Lawrence L. Hooper, Jr., Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary410-752-5900 or 800-638-2479 E. Mail: email@example.com Website: www.adamsexpress.com For your convenience, all press releases are posted to our website. If you would like to receive future press releases by fax or e-mail, please let us know.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV