Israel & Co. Hosts Meeting With Israeli President Shimon Peres And Nearly 170 Future Business Leaders
JERUSALEM, March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Israel & Co. brought together five top U.S. business school delegations today to meet with Shimon Peres, the President of Israel, to discuss innovation, global needs, what Israel is doing and how the students can contribute. Hosted at the Israel Museum last evening, President Peres addressed a group of nearly 170 MBA students on delegations from Columbia, New York University, The University of Illinois, Dartmouth (Tuck) and Cornell. In his remarks, President Peres extolled the profound impact of Israeli innovation and congratulated the future business leaders on gaining a first-hand view of Israel's vibrancy and creative ingenuity up close.
"Our greatest gift is that we had nothing," President Peres said in his remarks. "The land is stingy -- swamps in the north, desert in the south. We have two lakes: one dead, one dying. We had no natural resource, no oil. And we faced nakedness, nothingness. And then we understood that the greatest natural resource is the people. Scarcity is an opportunity. We have the best agriculture on earth, all from hi tech. We can transform one drop of water into five drops of water."The event began with an exclusive after-hours tour of the Israel Museum, followed by a live stage performance by YouMake ReMake, a unique Israeli performing arts company. The captivating show takes YouTube videos and "remakes" them on stage, offering a commentary on the original video that is both engaging and thought-provoking with the subtext of taking a new medium onto the older medium of the stage. After President Peres delivered his remarks, he took part in a healthy Q&A session where he answered questions across the spectrum from economics to security and everything in between.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV