USAID Report Highlights Important Progress In Foreign Assistance Reform
Comprehensive reform also received support from the Modernizing Foreign Assistance Network (MFAN), a coalition Beckmann co-chairs. MFAN is devoted to making foreign aid more effective, efficient, and transparent with the help of the White House, Congress, and the development community. Many of MFAN's main recommendations—including empowering USAID as a 21st century development agency—are reflected in the USAID Forward Initiative.
In a MFAN statement released today, Beckmann and co-chairs George Ingram and Jim Kolbe stated, "We strongly commend the United States Agency for International Development for releasing a comprehensive internal evaluation of progress on the USAID Forward reform agenda. The report highlights very positive and promising signs that USAID has begun to transform itself into a more effective, accountable institution. This progress could not have come at a better time, because budget pressures demand better results and the agency will bear greater responsibility at the leading edge of U.S. foreign policy as our military presence decreases in places like Afghanistan and the Middle East."
Bread for the World ( www.bread.org ) is a collective Christian voice urging our nation's decision makers to end hunger at home and abroad.
SOURCE Bread for the World
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV