Digital River, Inc. (NASDAQ: DRIV), the revenue growth experts in global cloud commerce, will host and sponsor the Monetization Track at the 2013 Game Developers Conference (GDC) in San Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday, Mar. 27, 2013, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in room West 3018 of the Moscone Center. Senior executives representing some of the game industry’s largest brands will discuss and answer questions about some of the most pressing and challenging issues they are facing.
Digital River’s Monetization Track will feature three interactive sessions that explore the critical components necessary to “make play pay” and maximize game profits. Attendees will walk away with global market intelligence, tips for using new devices to drive future growth, insights into the unification of gaming and toys, as well as a deeper understanding of how payment options can impact sales potential. The impressive line-up of sessions and industry leaders includes:
- 2013 Game Changers: How Will Devices Impact Your Future Growth?Panel moderated by Joost van Dreunen, Ph.D., co-founder and CEO, SuperData Research. Panelists include Christian Svensson, corporate officer and senior vice president, Capcom USA; Chris Early, vice president of digital publishing, Ubisoft; and Matt Ployhar, senior product planner, Software & Services Group, INTEL Corp.;
- Wanna Bet? The Future of E-Sports and Gambling in GamingPanel moderated by Michael Pachter, managing director, equity research, Wedbush Securities. Panelists include Roxanne Christ, partner, Latham & Watkins; Wim Stocks, executive vice president, Virgin Gaming; and Paul Thelen, CEO and founder, Big Fish; and
- Games and Toys: Creating the Perfect UnionPanel moderated by Kris Graft, editor-in-chief, Gamasutra.com. Panelists include Jordan Weisman, CEO and founder, Harebrained Schemes; David Merrill, president and co-founder, Sifteo; and Ken McDonough, regional director, GameStop.
“At the 2012 GDC, Digital River successfully produced a collaborative environment that touched on the hottest monetization topics – and we’re doing it again in 2013,” said Jeff Hemenway, Digital River’s group vice president of games. “There has never been a time of greater transformation in the gaming industry. As new devices are introduced and the purchase preferences of consumers shift, game publishers and developers are rethinking their go-to-market strategies and exploring new revenue models. Digital River’s Monetization Track is the perfect opportunity to learn how some of games most experienced practitioners and strategists are working these market dynamics to their advantage to strengthen their brands, acquire new players and expand into global markets.”
Access to the full-day, Digital River-sponsored event is open to holders of registered 2013 GDC passes. There is no additional fee or sign up required to attend. For more details about the speakers and sessions offered, please enter Digital River in the search field on the Schedule Builder page of the GDC website.About Digital River, Inc.Digital River, Inc., the revenue growth experts in global cloud commerce, builds and manages online businesses for software and game publishers, consumer electronics manufacturers, distributors, online retailers and affiliates. Its multi-channel commerce solution, which supports both direct and indirect sales, is designed to help companies of all sizes maximize online revenues as well as reduce the costs and risks of running a global commerce operation. The company’s comprehensive platform offers site development and hosting, order management, global payments, cloud-based billing, fraud management, export controls, tax management, physical and digital product fulfillment, multi-lingual customer service, advanced reporting and strategic marketing services. Founded in 1994, Digital River is headquartered in Minneapolis with offices across the U.S., Asia, Europe and South America. For more details about Digital River, visit the corporate website, follow the company on Twitter or call +1 952-253-1234. Digital River is a registered trademark of Digital River, Inc. All other company and product names are trademarks, registrations or copyrights of their respective owners. Twitter Tags: #GDC, #MonetizationDay, #DigitalRiver Tweet This: @DigitalRiverInc #Monetization Day (3/27) at #GDC brings together top senior executives; http://bit.ly/yakxZL for full agenda
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts