Walgreens (NYSE: WAG) (Nasdaq: WAG) will officially open the doors to its newest Well Experience flagship store on Thursday, March 21. A ribbon cutting ceremony will commence the grand opening at 9 a.m.
Walgreens leadership will be available for comment after the ceremony. Visuals will include the opportunity to photograph the site and spokespeople.
- Kermit Crawford, president of pharmacy, health and wellness, Walgreens
- Mark Wagner, president of operations and community management, Walgreens
- John Foley, corporate operations vice president, Walgreens
- Darron Briscoe, market vice president of operations and community management, Walgreens
- Vincent Gray, Mayor
- Jack Evans, Councilmember
- Dr. Cal Roberts, Chief Medical Officer, Bausch & Lomb
Exclusive experience and preview of the flagship location:
- Ceremonial ribbon cutting with Walgreens executives and local officials.
- Pharmacy and Take Care Clinic: Insights into a new approach to community pharmacy.
- LOOK Boutique: Showcasing upscale and premium beauty products and services.
- Fresh/Up Market: Preview Walgreens approach to healthy, convenient and high-quality food offerings such as fro-yo and smoothies.
- Walgreens and Bausch + Lomb recently announced the SightSense™ online and in-store patient education program – an initiative to heighten eye health awareness and encourage consumers to take proactive steps to protect and preserve their sight.
Thursday, March 21 at 9:00 a.m.
Walgreens drugstore at 801 7th St. NW (Corner of 7th Street and H Street), Washington, D.C.
As the nation's largest drugstore chain with fiscal 2012 sales of $72 billion, Walgreens (
) vision is to become America’s first choice for health and daily living. Each day, Walgreens provides more than 6 million customers the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice in communities across America. Walgreens scope of pharmacy services includes retail, specialty, infusion, medical facility and mail service, along with respiratory services. These services improve health outcomes and lower costs for payers including employers, managed care organizations, health systems, pharmacy benefit managers and the public sector. The company operates 8,071 drugstores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Take Care Health Systems is a Walgreens subsidiary that is the largest and most comprehensive manager of worksite health and wellness centers and in-store convenient care clinics, with more than 700 locations throughout the country.