THE MUSES Woman Of The Year 2013 Luncheon Features Dialogue Between Maria Klawe, Ph.D. And KCET's Val Zavala
LOS ANGELES, March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- THE MUSES of the California Science Center Foundation "Woman of the Year" luncheon will feature a dialogue between two distinguished honorees; Maria Klawe, Ph.D., President of Claremont's Harvey Mudd College and Val Zavala, Anchor of SoCal Connected, KCET on April 13, 2013 at the Wilshire Country Club.
The dialogue will focus on the future of science education.
A renowned computer scientist and scholar, Dr. Klawe is the first woman to lead Harvey Mudd College since its founding in 1955. Her widely recognized and successful strategic planning initiatives have led to a dramatic increase in women graduates in science and engineering, particularly in computer science.Ms. Zavala is Vice President for News and Public Affairs at KCET. As an investigative reporter for the past 25 years, she has covered major issues in politics, education, healthcare and the arts. Her work has won numerous awards including 16 L.A. area Emmys and eight Golden Mikes. If you wish to attend, please contact Joyce Cramsie at 626-793-3563 or email her at email@example.com for more information. Please respond no later than March 30, 2013. Like the mythological figures they are named after, THE MUSES strive to be patronesses of learning who stimulate innovation in science education. Five decades after the group was established in 1962, their membership and spirit of commitment continues to grow. Today, THE MUSES promote public goodwill and provide financial assistance to the Science Center's education programs by supporting the Community Youth Programs, Hands-On Science Camp and the California State Science Fair. In doing so, they contribute to the Science Center's role as a world-class learning institution for children, families, and educators.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV