Bosch Contributes More Than $420,000 To Greenville Technical College
FOUNTAIN INN, S.C., March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Bosch Rexroth donates more than $400,000 in equipment and the Bosch Community Fund awards a $20,000 grant for new hydraulic lab on campus
- Bosch is committed to enhanced training and cultivating a skilled workforce
- The on-campus lab will provide state-of-the-art technology for students, Bosch associates and customers to improve their knowledge and skills
Bosch Rexroth has committed more than $400,000 worth of training equipment to Greenville Technical College, in addition to a $20,000 Bosch Community Fund grant, to support the creation of a mobile hydraulic lab and Greenville Technical College lab curriculum. Through donations such as this, Bosch continues to assist educational institutions in developing science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) skills of the next generation.
The announcement was made during the ribbon-cutting ceremony in which Bosch showcased an $80 million expansion of its Bosch Rexroth Fountain Inn, S.C., facility. The expansion will add 160 jobs over five years beginning in November 2011.
"Finding technically skilled associates has become one of the most pressing issues in our business, especially as we expand to meet the needs of our customers," said Berend Bracht, president and CEO of Bosch Rexroth Americas. " Greenville Technical College has worked with us closely to establish programs that address this critical need. The top-of-the-line training equipment is a further, significant step in making the training center even better. We are eager to see how the lab develops, and look forward to a continued close partnership with Greenville Tech."The lab will serve as a tool for Greenville Tech students and as a training center for Bosch customers and associates. Equipment incorporated into the lab includes three DS4NA fluid power training systems, various on/off manual and mobile hydraulic component sets, and one drive pump trainer. Along with equipment, Bosch is supplying textbooks, online training and manuals for teachers and students. "At Greenville Technical College we are committed to partnering with industry to shape the workforce of today and tomorrow," said Dr. Keith Miller, president of Greenville Technical College. "We appreciate the generosity Bosch has shown in ensuring that we can produce highly skilled graduates. We are grateful to have Bosch aid in this initiative by providing us what we expect to be an outstanding addition to our program. We are thrilled with the company's donation and their efforts to support us as we prepare our students." The new facility, able to accommodate 18 people, will be used for hydraulic technology training, hydraulic performance testing and industry research. The lab will be housed at the Buck Mickel Center on campus.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV