ETS's HiSET™ Test Offers Affordable, Accessible High School Equivalency Assessment
PRINCETON, N. J., March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Nonprofit Educational Testing Service (ETS) and the University of Iowa's Iowa Testing Programs (ITP) are proud to introduce the new ETS High School Equivalency Test — HiSET™ — a national testing program that provides an accessible and affordable alternative to the GED® test for states, educators, test takers and test center administrators.
After listening to the needs of states, educators, policymakers and employers, ETS designed the HiSET program to include elements that are critical to providing
out-of-school youth and adults with the best opportunity to demonstrate their high school-level proficiency, and their readiness for higher education or the workplace.
"ETS and ITP developed the HiSET program with two distinct advantages for users and test takers: affordability and accessibility," said ETS Vice President and General Manager of K–12 Student Assessment Programs John Oswald. "These advantages, along with ETS's commitment to quality, are at the core of ETS's mission to advance quality and equity in education for all people."The advantages of the HiSET program include:
- Paper-based and computer-based test delivery to serve the greatest number of candidates
- Affordable test fees to keep this valuable credential accessible for candidates, states and educational programs
- Flexibility with the use of existing test centers, test prep and curricula, and a choice of scoring vendor options
- English and Spanish versions of the test
- Test design and validation by experts in assessment development for fair and reliable results
- Up to two re-tests in the same calendar year at no additional cost
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts