PROVIDENCE, R.I., March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nortek, Inc. (Nasdaq: NTK) today announced with great sorrow the sudden passing of Senior Vice President and Treasurer Edward J. Cooney. He joined Nortek as Vice President and Treasurer in 2001 and was appointed Senior Vice President in 2011.
"Beyond the enormous professional contributions he made to our corporate success, Ed Cooney was a mentor, a trusted advisor and a great friend to me and many of us here at Nortek," said Michael J. Clarke, Nortek's President and Chief Executive Officer. "Ed was a tremendous family man and loyal citizen of Rhode Island who garnered widespread respect from all who knew him. He will be sorely missed here and beyond the company. The board of directors and everyone at Nortek extends our heartfelt condolences to Ed's family and friends."
Nortek* is a global, diversified company whose many market-leading brands deliver broad capabilities and a wide array of innovative, technology-driven products and solutions for lifestyle improvement at home and at work. The Company's broad array of offerings includes audio/video and security solutions, digital display mounting solutions, ventilation products such as range hoods and bathroom fans, heating and cooling products, and air management systems.*As used herein, the term "Nortek" refers to Nortek, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, unless the context indicates otherwise. This term is used for convenience only and is not intended as a precise description of any of the separate corporations, each of which manages its own affairs. Contact: Almon HallSenior Vice President and Chief Financial OfficerNortek, Inc.401.751.1600 Almon.Hall@nortekinc.com SOURCE Nortek, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV